Monday, September 10, 2012

To Be Honest: Behind everything is just me

I have decided that every two weeks I will have a "To Be Honest (TBH)" post in which I write about a personal emotion or event that has been bothering me. This is my first TBH post. Enjoy :)
TO BE HONEST:

It is really upsetting when I am made to seem inhuman or pretentious in the eyes of other people because of what I do. I don't try to be pretentious. I don't want to be. I honestly do try to be myself. Of course I have many interests and at times I don't think that I fit in with others around me because of our differences. The "smart jokes" are usually not very funny and they get old, so I keep to myself at times to avoid them. Unfortunately, they keep finding their way into my day. I just roll my eyes, flash a quick smile and keep on living.

I just wish people would remember that behind all of the objective facts and scores is a nice seventeen year old girl who still likes to mingle and hang out. I like to watch and play soccer. No, I do not bury my head in my books all day. I DO have a life (which is what the purpose of this blog is... to show people who I am outside of what they see). I have crushes; I like Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, Glee, and House; I like to go shopping; and I do listen to music.

I am normal, so please do not make me out as if I am not.

However, I will say this: aside from all of the negative remarks and scorned looks that I get daily, I will still work hard to get to where I want to get to... all while doing what I like to do in the best way that I can get it done.

1 comment:

  1. TBH: you will be challenged with this your entire life Ebe ... because of your gifts and talents, you will always either intimidate or challenge those around you. Those of us with growth mindsets will value your presence because you will challenge us to grow and do and be more. Those people with fixed mindsets will simply fixate on what you have that they don't and will feel jealous and deprived. The only suggestion I have is this: watch how much you judge others for NOT being like you and try to wear a more ernest smile. Go see my blog post about smiling .... I love you and look forward to more of your TBH posts.

    ReplyDelete