Sunday, September 16, 2012

Principles of Success



I went to church today and my pastor preached an excellent message about success. It really made me stop and think about the fuel that keeps me moving everyday. Everyone wants to become successful in life per their own definition of the word success. But regardless of a person's definition of success, every person needs to become these four things to get there:

  1. Full of passion
    • Find something or someone to fuel a passion for you!
  2. Purpose-driven
    • A purpose becomes a motivation or goal. Without one, you are walking endlessly. For me, my purpose/goal is that extra push that gets me up in the morning for school and reminds me why I have to stay focused in class. If you know where you want to go, it's easy to figure out how to get there.
  3. Positive attitude
    • A lot of people are negative and volatile when they think of the success of others. This negative, or fixed, mindset keeps them from growing and learning.
  4. A person with the ability to think through
    • You must come out of your tent! He used the story of God asking Abraham to count the stars in the night sky to tell him that he will be the father of many. Abraham had to come out of his tent in order to see it, otherwise the low ceiling of it would have hindered him.

If interested, you really should read the book in the picture. It's wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment