Thursday, September 20, 2012

House of Themis : )

Gooo Themis!!

AVID Induction Ceremony 2012


Tonight was the AVID Induction Ceremony- my last AVID Induction Ceremony that I will be able to take part in :(
It was really nice. As you may have noticed if you have read through my posts, Dona created this awesome Superhero theme. AVID Seniors came in our masks and capes and walked through the isles with the batman theme song. It was cute. I brought my younger cousin who has just entered the eighth grade and is considering attending New Town. She fell in love with AVID by just watching the ceremony. She agreed when she said it was nicely planned out and most students (not all) worked together to follow directions and make it successful. I give props to students who were able to make it to school ON TIME (including myself, even with an eye appointment at 4:30!).
AVID scholars also dressed pretty "snazzy" that night. I saw a few ties and slacks that were pulled out from the back of the closet. I, myself, wore a grey blouse with black pants and a bright royal blue blazer so support my house of Themis. 
I thought it was awesome to see how excited the new AVID Scholars were to be inducted into their houses. Nearly everyone was happy with the house that was chosen for them. So without further ado, I would like to congratulate the following brand new House of Themis AVID Scholars:
  • Allison Bernard
  • Brandon Holland
  • Danielle Snowden
  • Deion Okonkwo
  • Ewurama Apaah
  • Gurjit Singh
  • Isaiah Shaw
  • Javan Stancil
  • Jonathan Lesane
  • Kailei Peters
  • Megan Hopkins
  • Olakitan Oluwalade
  • Rachael Montgomery
  • Ta'ler Robinson
  • Tyus Gaskin
I'm excited to work with you guys this year! But please note, if I see any house points removed, you will hear from the Themis AVID seniors ; )






No comments:

Post a Comment